Ergonomic Healthcare Solutions: Medical Office Chairs, Physician Seats and Anti-fatigue Mats
A System For A Change
In order to reduce healthcare worker injury levels and increase productivity, their environment must change. That means providing ergonomic support to mitigate conditions like leg pain, spinal compression, venous insufficiency and impaired circulation. These are caused by standing or sitting for long periods of time without proper movement or support. Fortunately, ergonomic medical office chairs, stools and anti-fatigue mats can help prevent these injuries and increase overall energy levels, stamina and productivity.
Solutions for Sitting: Medical Office Chairs, Stools and Physician Seats
Milagon medical office chairs and physician seats offer the following ergonomic features:
- Adjustable height
- Tilt-adjustable seat
- High backrest with adjustable height that supports the back and relieves the spine
- Adjustable precision backrest contact pressure
- Motion-synchronous pivot point shifting to keep users comfortable in their clothes despite an awkward reclining position
- Ergonomic back and seat cushions
- Perforated seats and backrests to allow for maximum air circulation and a comfortable "seat climate"
- Removable cushions for easy sanitation to ensure optimal hygiene in medical facilities and multi-shift environments
Milagon medical office chairs are user friendly with ergonomically-arranged, adjustable elements and are easy and intuitive to operate.
Ergonomic Medical Office Chairs and Physician Seats Encourage Dynamic Sitting
Milagon's ergonomic design for medical office chairs and physician seats facilitates dynamic sitting in the medical environment. Regularly shifting the sitting position reduces unhealthy stress on the muscle and spinal column, allowing the spine to assume its natural S-shape and relaxing the muscles. When the spinal column can regenerate, medical professionals are able to concentrate better and work more efficiently.
- The back is bowed or–in a stiff sitting position– pushed forward.
- The center of gravity of the upper body is in front of the ilia.
- With the thighs held virtually horizontal, the hip angle, i.e. the sitting angle, is smaller than 90°.
- The pressure within the abdominal area is raised
- Negative influence on the blood-flow return through the abdominal area.
- The muscles become statically flexed.
When a medical professional's muscles are not straightened within a short period of time, the upper body searches support through the arms, which are on the work surface. The center of balance returns to achieve a relative relaxing of the muscles. In the forward sitting position, a medical professional's shoulder and neck muscles experience more strain than the middle or rear positions. Milagon's medical office chairs and practitioner seats encourage dynamic sitting in all positions.
- The center of gravity lies in the area of the ilia.
- In general, this is a statically balanced sitting position.
- The curve of the spine from lumbar to neck is relatively small, and the muscles can relax.
- Breathing is deepened (= Asian relaxing position).
In any healthcare task, bodily movement is necessary, which impairs the center of balance. In order to retrieve the center of balance, a medical professional's muscles must be put under tension. These are the reasons why the middle sitting position is not of much importance when discussing working positions.
- Without a backrest, the pelvis is twisted back on the seating area.
- The open hip angle, related to the pelvic position, is greater than 90°.
- Depending on the position of the sacrum, there are differences in the curve of the spine.
The stronger the curve of the dorsal vertebra, the more adjustment must be made through the neck. “Stretching” of the spine is possible, but only with a lumbar support (back muscles are relaxed).
One Solution Fits All?"Workers come in all different sizes. Ergonomics can help make the work more comfortable for the individual worker."
Mats That Stimulate Circulation and Movement
Milagon’s ergonomic flooring is designed to reduce inhibited arterial blood flow from long periods of standing. Compression columns on the underside provide comfortable cushion, also creating a slightly uneven standing surface. This stimulates muscle in the lower extremities, in turn increasing more efficient return of blood to the heart and lungs. In this way, our mats promote healthy work and prevent injury.
Our medical ergonomic mats also allow medical professionals to maintain the natural curvature of their spine by improving posture and encouraging position adjustments to relieve pressure from the back. Ergonomic mats provide some elasticity that is gentler on a healthcare worker's feet and back than a hard floor by reducing the shock of walking. This reduces fatigue from long hours of standing or moving around.
Milagon offers a wide selection of ergonomic medical office chairs, surgery seats, clinic seats, lab stools and anti-fatigue mats to meet the needs of any healthcare facility.